Altering Existing Mats or Carpets
At Carpetbinders we understand that is becoming increasingly harder to find the perfect mat or rug for your room. Many enterprising and canny people are looking for outside the square solutions that may require the modification of an existing mat or carpet.
Carpetbinders can assist with modifications however, these are fraught with danger for both parties if the instructions are not clearly articulated by both parties at the time. Also sometimes customers do not understand the cost involved in making the modifications to have it completed the correct way may not be a cheap option and may cost more than the original purchase price of the mat or carpet.
Carpetbinders has developed a clear policy to mitigate any misunderstandings.
Before starting any work
We require the following
A) A plan that clearly shows what you require to be done and is supported by written instructions. Which include the following
- The original size
- Where you want the mat to be cut
- Where you want it to be joined
- If there is a pattern match please indicate
- Let us know what way you want the stripes to run
- What the new size will be.
Basically, anything that will support us to get your modifications correct.
B) We advise that you to edge all the way around as it is part of the structural integrity and for health and safety purposes
- Either our woollen overlocking or narrowtape binding.
C) That you email us your instructions firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us your detailed instructions on the paper you have drawn or written by you
- We do not accept plans sent on cell phones, as they cannot be downloaded onto paper and to have a cell phone in the workroom area whilst working is a breach of the Carpetbinders Health and Safety Policy
D) We will not start any alteration work until we are completely satisfied we understand your draft plan, detailed instructions and approval to go ahead with the work, regardless of your time constraints.
Use our convenient pick-up and return delivery service or drop your carpet scraps off at our workshop located at Unit 14, No 37 Washbournes Rd, Sockburn Christchurch.