Altering Existing Mats or Carpets
At Carpet Binders, we understand that it is becoming increasingly harder to find the perfect mat or rug for your room. Many enterprising and canny people are looking for outside-the-square solutions that may require the modification of an existing mat or carpet. Altering existing mats or carpets may be the right option for you when redecorating your home within budget.
Carpet Binders can assist with modifications. However, there are times when the instructions sent are not clear and the overall cost is not completely calculated with an unclear budget in mind. This can cause confusion and distress for everyone.
To avoid this from happening, we have developed a clear policy to prevent any misunderstandings.
Before starting any work
We require the following before altering existing mats or carpets:
A) A plan that clearly shows what you require to be done and is supported by written instructions. Which include the following
- Measurements of the original size.
- Where the mat is to be cut.
- Where it is to be joined.
- If there is a pattern match, please indicate.
- Let us know what way you want the stripes to run.
- Measurements on what the new size will be.
Basically, anything that will prevent misunderstandings. Including the right information and measurements to get your modifications correct.
B) By the rule of thumb, we advise that you edge all the way around the carpet and mat. This is because it is part of the structural integrity and for health and safety purposes.
- Either by woollen overlocking or narrow tape binding. If you want to have a read on the carpet binding options available, click here.
C) Email us your instructions at email@example.com. Or, leave us your detailed instructions on the paper you have drawn or written by you.
- We do not accept plans sent on cell phones, as they cannot be downloaded onto paper. Having a cell phone in the workroom area while working can cause mishaps and accidents. Plus, the screen is too small to see people’s writing clearly.
D) Regardless of the time constraints, we will not start any alteration work. Until we are completely satisfied that we understand your draft plan, detailed instructions and approval to go ahead with the work, that’s when we’ll start working on altering your mats or carpets.
Have any questions? Contact us today
If you have any questions or need rug advice, feel free to call us at 021 164 0938 to discuss carpet binding options in detail.
Use our convenient pick-up and return delivery service or drop your carpet scraps off at our workshop located at Unit 14, No 37 Washbournes Rd, Sockburn Christchurch.