Trade Process Checklist
Our Trade Checklist
Please refer to our guideline trade checklist. This is to ensure that we are able to meet both your and your customer’s requirements in a timely, precise, and professional manner.
The list below is intended to prevent misunderstanding and confusion, as we all know how valuable time and effort are. This is to inform you or your client about the process of our carpet finishing service. Take your time to understand and process our service before reaching out. However, if there are any questions that arise while reading the checklist, contact us immediately.
Criteria for accepting customers’ carpet edges from commercial entities representing their clients. The carpet pieces will be picked up from your shop premises as per the arrangement under our following guidelines.
- All carpet edging jobs must have an appropriate order number that relates to the carpet to be edged. If there is no order number, there will be no pick-up unless previously arranged.
- We take photocopies of all your purchase orders and attach them to our job sheets as a true and accurate record of what has been requested by you, on behalf of your client.
- For clarification purposes, we will call you if we have any questions about the work order.
- From time to time, we will take photos of our work if we are uneasy about the instructions given and check with you.
- The number of mats required to be made must be indicated.
- We offer three types of standard finishing. Please state the finishing you require:
- Narrow tape binding is referred to as either “narrow tape binding” or “binding.”
- Woollen overlocking is referred to as either “overlocking” or “whipping.”
- Slim tape binding is referred to as “slimline tape.”
- Please state the actual sizes of the mats required. Not the total meterage, as that is open to interpretation. For example, 3m x 2m or 1m x 4m both are 10m of binding.
- We can handle large pieces of carpet up to 4.0 x 7.0 metres. Handling fees are on a graduated scale starting at 2.0 x 3.0 metres.
- From time to time, we are requested to handle pieces larger than 4.0 x 7.0 metres. Yes, we do handle these sizes. You will need to call us at 021 164 0938 to discuss your requirements and our handling fee.
- Thick designer carpet is best suited for either an overlocking or a slim tape binding finish. Which now, has a slightly wider 3.2-mm-narrow tape that wraps better on the thicker mats.
- We recommend that your client get all their mats made at the same time to ensure that they have matching binding on all their mats.
If this is not possible, the suggested process is:
You will need to return the mat to us first before requesting another one. This mat will be used as our test colour-match mat. We will try to match it to the same colour where possible. However, we do have a high turnover in finishing tape and woollen yarn and so, we cannot 100% guarantee that we can match the binding after a period of time.
If this is not suitable, they can bring the hemmed mat to us, and we can sort out a suitable colour match, or as close as possible. Our onsite workroom is located at Unit 14/37 Washbournes Rd., Sockburn, Christchurch.
If you have any queries on the work we have completed, please refer to Our Job Number to assist us in sorting out your query as quickly as possible.
The turnaround for our wide tape binding service is usually 5 days from pick up. Please refer to our handling fee price guide page when quoting area rugs.
If you have any questions or need rug advice, call us at 021 164 0938 to discuss details. Or, send us a message on our contact page, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Click here.
Use our convenient pick-up and return delivery service or drop your carpet scraps off at our workshop located at Unit 14, No 37 Washbournes Rd, Sockburn Christchurch.